2019 is finally coming to a close and it’s been a year of learning…mostly learning that I’m strong enough make it through anything. So as an homage to this year and a welcome post, here’s the biggest lessons lessons I’ve learned…drum roll please…
- Being comfortable and living in comfort are two very different things. I realized in order to be comfortable I need to be myself, raw, cut and unfiltered. Then living in comfort because of fear ain’t where its at. It will have you in situations you could have been better off without. Sometimes you got to put your big girl draws on and handle business.
- I have a better understanding of what love is and continuing to learn the right ways to and be loved (thanks to experience and therapy). Use/Say it wisely and make sure you love YOURSELF above all else . That’s the only way you will be able to know what love is and be able to give genuine love to others. So serious about this one that I got “Always Love Yourself” tatted on the back of my neck…yeah that deep.
- I am capable of more than I think. Stop overthinking whatever it is, and just go for it. The worst that can happen is sh*t don’t pan out and you figure something else out. Insert* But did you die though? Nope you didn’t and that’s on that.
- Losing doesn’t mean I lost. It wasn’t meant to stay, the expiration date was up, it was a done deal. Trust me, I won.
- This last one is a game changer and my forever mood. I can’t force squares into circles, ok?! It don’t/won’t/shan’t/can’t and every other n’t, it just doesn’t work no matter how hard you try to fit it in and that’s ok. It may not make sense in the moment, but what’s meant and not meant to be will always show and prove later on down the road. Don’t sweat it.
Listen, it’s a whole new decade upon us. If anything, these last 10 years of experiences taught me what I am not willing to do in this next decade. Friendships, relationships, jobs, behaviors, thoughts, anything that was negative or didn’t serve a higher good got to kick rocks. I’m ready to start 2020 on a clean slate taking what I’ve learned and doing better for the next 10 years to come. Dear 2020-2029, let these next 10 be the best ever, in love, in career, in finances, in self-worth/love, in all positive vibes. Grant me these things and I’ll forever be grateful and pay it forward for the next 10 years to follow. Let’s get it!